Baby carriers encompass all of the different products that are designed for a parent to wear their baby on their bodies and include: wraps and ring slings are made of long pieces of fabric while structured and soft-structured carriers have waistbands and shoulders straps.
And those carriers have many options among them, as some allow you to carry your baby in front (facing in or out), on your back, on your hip, or a combination of all positions. So, how can you choose what’s the best baby carrier for you? Here are suggestions to help you find the best baby carrier for you.
In this article:
- The benefits of baby-wearing
- The best ring wrap for babies and toddlers: Solly Loop
- The best newborn ring wrap: Moby Wrap Ring
- The best newborn wrap: Boba wrap
- Best structured carrier: Baby Björn Carrier
- The most versatile baby carrier: Ergobaby Omni 360
- The best 6-in-1 carrier: Lillebaby
- The most breathable baby carrier: Ergobaby Breeze
- The best built-in carrier: Moby Bump & Beyond T-Shirt Wrap
- The best carrier for hiking: DeuterKid Comfort Carrier
The Benefits of a Baby Carrier
While the idea of wearing your baby might seem intimidating at first, it’s actually a lot simpler than it first appears. And once I got the hang of using a wrap and carrier, I found it was an essential part of the first year of baby’s life, and made many things much easier.
Along with making life easier by having a hands-free option to carry my baby, there are real benefits to baby-carrying. For instance:
- A study by the American Academy of Pediatrics found baby-wearing can reducing overall crying in infants by 43%.
- It can be easier to help get a fussy baby to sleep in a wrap or carrier.
- For those who choose to breast/chest feed, a carrier or wrap can provide easier access, often without the baby really needing to wake up or have too much of that pre-feeding fussiness.
- For those who are bottle feeding, carries and wraps allow a great option for older babies to be held and fed.
When it comes to choosing a baby carrier during your pregnancy, it can be challenging because if you haven’t used a carrier before, you aren’t sure what to look for. But if you are interested in having an option to baby-carrier, it can be helpful to know the benefits, as well as the types of carriers that are available. So let’s dive in.
The Best Ring Carrier for Babies and Toddlers
Best Baby Ring Sling
The Best Newborn Wrap
The Best Structured Carrier
The Most Versatile Baby Carrier
The Best 6-in-1 Carrier
The Most Breathable Baby Carrier
The Best Hiking Carrier
The Best Built-in Carrier
Babywearing opens up a whole world of hands-free adventure, so don’t be afraid to dive in and see where your explorations will lead you!
Mompush Ultimate 2 Stroller Review
Moms aren’t exempt from wanting nice things. And if we have to splurge on something kid-related, why not a luxury…