As a first-time mom on a budget, I chose the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System for my baby registry—and it was a pick that I never could have predicted I would love so much. I initially chose the Baby Trend jogger because it seemed like the most practical option: I loved taking walks, so its rugged jogging wheels could handle the dirt roads near our house, it was compatible as a travel system, meaning I could use the newborn car seat with it, and it was incredibly affordable as compared to some of the other jogging strollers on the market.
Plus, I liked that the Baby Trend jogging stroller was no-fuss. It had a sleek look, came in different colors, and seemed simple to use, with no extra bells and whistles that I probably wouldn’t use anyways. I registered for my Baby Trend Expedition Jogging Stroller and after my baby was born, I was so glad I did. I loved my stroller and used it everywhere—on walks, on runs, for outings and trips, even on a family vacation to Disney World.
In fact, I got almost 8 straight years of use out of my Baby Trend through my first four babies and it was still going strong when I gave it away, thinking our family was complete. But, when another baby joined our family five years later, I purchased another Baby Trend jogger because I knew I had to have it again—that’s how much I loved it.
Baby Trend Jogger: Budget-Friendly and Big-Time Versatility
Despite there being an almost 12-year gap from when I first used my Baby Trend stroller to the second time I bought one, everything that I knew and loved about the Baby Trend was still there. All of my favorite features stood out, providing familiarity and comfort to me as I navigated this whole baby thing one more time. Here are the features I most love about the Baby Trend Jogger:
- Budget-friendly. First off, I’m convinced that Baby Trend gives you the most bang for your buck of any stroller around, especially if you buy the travel system. I mean, we’re talking a newborn car seat, a car seat base for the car, and a stroller that can be used with the infant car seat, as a regular stroller, and as a jogging stroller? That’s a lot of uses for one price, you feel me?
- Versatile. As I mentioned, the Baby Trend jogger can be used in a ton of different ways and that versatility translates to both on and off-the-road. For instance, I loved that I could use the Baby Trend stroller easily in places like a crowded mall but then take it without fear all through my yard and down our rural dirt roads.
- Stands up to the test for jogging. The Baby Trend is a jogging stroller, so you’re probably wondering if it actually holds up when you’re on the run and the answer is, yes. I am definitely more of a casual runner, but I have used my Baby Trend jogger to log plenty of miles with my baby-in-tow. It may not be a BOB (more on that later), but it gets the job done.
- Portable. The Baby Trend jogger is a jogging stroller, which means it has 3 wheels instead of four—one larger wheel in the front and two smaller in the back. This means that typically, joggers are a little more difficult to transport, because that front wheel can be bulky and not allow the stroller to fold down as compact as some other strollers. However, I found that with my Baby Trend, transporting it was very simple—it fit in my minivan trunk without any issues and when I had a smaller trunk with my Chevy Traverse, I would just pop one of the wheels off with the push of a button to fit it in.
- Has a built-in snack tray and cupholder. It wasn’t until I researched strollers with baby #5 that I realized something shocking: not all strollers come with built-in snack trays and cupholders. I had used my Baby Trend, with its built-in cupholders and snack tray for so long, that I merely assumed that’s how all strollers came. But I was so very wrong. There are a surprising amount of strollers that don’t come with the snack tray feature and it’s shocking to me. As a mom of five, snacks are essential in my mind and it’s one of the main reasons I love this stroller so much. Snacks for everybody!
- Includes a parent tray. While we’re on the subject of snacks, a parent tray isn’t always included in all strollers either, but the Baby Trend has a closable parent tray (so your phone or keys won’t fall out) and two sturdy cupholders.
Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System Specs
Now that I’ve won you over with my glowing review of the Baby Trend jogger, you probably need some details on it. Here’s what you can expect from the Baby Trend Expedition Travel System:
- Includes a 3-wheel Jogger and EZ Flex-Loc infant car seat and base
- Stroller will accept any Baby Trend car seat
- Parent tray has 2 cup holders and a covered storage compartment
- Under-stroller storage basket
- Adjustable canopy with peek-a-boo window that ratchets
- Multi-position reclining padded seat
- 5-point safety harness
- Tether strap
- Child’s tray with cup holders
- Stroller dimensions: 47″ L x 21″ W x 41″ H.
- Stroller Dimensions (collapsed):5 Inches (H) x 22.25 Inches (W) x 33.25 Inches (D)
- Entire travel system weight: 41 lbs.
- Infant car seat dimensions: 26″ D x 16.5″ W x 25″ H
- Infant car seat weight: 10 lbs. (17lb. with base)
- Car seat accommodates weights 4-35 lbs. and heights up to 30 inches tall.
- Stroller weight capacity: 50 lbs.
- Rubber tires; lockable front swivel wheel and 16″ rear bicycle wheels
- Front Wheel Diameter: 12 Inches
- Rear Wheel Diameter: 16 Inches
What to Consider
I will say this, for as much as I have loved my Baby Trend jogger throughout the years, a few months ago, I actually got to try out a friend’s BOB jogging stroller and I have to admit: the BOB jogging stroller is truly a superior stroller for serious runners. The BOB offers way more suspension, a super-smooth ride for your baby, and has tons of perks like a padded harness, more comfortable seating, and excellent wind and sun coverage.
If you’re a serious runner or jogger, you definitely will want to consider investing in the BOB, especially if you plan on having more than one child. But if you’re more like me and the occasional jog is more of your jam, the Baby Trend will definitely meet your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What age can you use a baby jogger?
You can’t use a jogging stroller for actual jogging until your baby is old enough to sit independently, so somewhere usually around six months old. If you’re not jogging through, you can use a stroller with a newborn seat right from day one.
Is Baby Trend a good brand of stroller?
Absolutely! As you can tell, I’m a fan of Baby Trend products, but I’m not alone—it’s one of the most popular and trusted baby brands around.
Are jogger strollers good for everyday use?
It really depends on your situation. I love my Baby Trend jogger for everyday use, because my minivan trunk can easily store it and I love the rugged use it provides in our rural area. However, there are lots of other stroller picks that may make more sense for you and your needs.
9 Tips for Flying with a Baby, From A Real Parent
We’ll promise you one thing: it will be an adventure.
Keep Your Baby Close with a Practical and Helpful Bedside Bassinet
Migraines with a Newborn Are So Much More Than Postpartum Headaches
Petunia Pickle Bottom Cinch Convertible Backpack Review: A Cinch to Carry
Types of Genetic Screening: What it Tests For and Who Should Get It
The Aden + Anais Baby Bonding Playmat Supports Play and Development in a Super Fun Way
8 Father’s Day Gifts Sure to Impress the Dad In Your LIfe
3 Powerful Moms You Should Know About
Pros & Cons
Rugged for outdoor use
Bulky for transport
Not as smooth as more expensive joggers
Harness is not padded